July 03, 2007

catching fireflies...


Today while hanging laundry on the line I thought I saw a firefly going by. Hard to say what it was in the daytime, and I was mid-clothespin so I couldn't leap off the porch to pursue it. I've yet to see one in Scots Bay... and I miss grabbing those little floating orbs of glow out of the humid night air.
(On the other hand, I don't miss the mosquitoes of Indiana.)

The last couple of months have felt a lot like catching fireflies. I've been chasing after new dreams, new writing, and myself, hoping to hold light in my hands - at least for a little while. Sometimes I don't get it right, my thoughts and dreams escape my grasp. But, when I do manage to catch them, I bottle them in my head hoping they will pulse and glow long enough for me to get my hands on pen and paper.

Sorry it's been a while. I've been out - catching words, like fireflies.

5 comments:

K L Parish said...

Awesome post. I never thought of writing in the sense of catching fireflies before, but that's just what it's like! Thanks for sharing!

Sherry said...

What a beautiful way to write about your thoughts. I feel the same way about my art. You described my feelings perfectly!

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!

Sherry

Anonymous said...

I've written a family book called CATCHING FIREFLIES and I chose that title because of firefly characteristics like illuminating the darkness, warning predators to stay away and blinking in unison, all great characteristics for families as well!

Marcy said...

Oh, I didn't mean to be anonymous...

zoloft online said...

The best web-site to purchase Zoloft in internet to care for depressions. Don't worry your illness with the help of our pills. 24/7 live support for all customers. 25 mg x 180 pills, 50 mg x 360 pills, 100 mg x 60 pills and other packages can be ordered.